Tamahagane is the root of the Japanese Samurai Sword and the name was used only on very high quality swords. SAN 3-ply steel blade and also San Kyoto 63-ply steel blade are made by repeated rolling and trained many times. Tamahagane produces in an ancient way with the modern technique by repeating rolling process, all impure materials in the alloy are extracted from the material and the blade becomes harder and more durable.
For more than 600 years Japan produced the well-known sword called Katana. SAN Knives are made with the knowledge that had been accumulated since then. The characteristics of the steel are modified, using plural clad material which makes the knives very easy to re-sharpen.
During the lastest years of the Edo era from A.D 1680 to 1850 in Japan, people could enjoy a peaceful life as there was no war and the Samurai hardly used his sword. At that time, it was very popular to decorate or trim the words by various ways of etching, stamping, etc., in addition to the function of its sharpness. There are many beautiful Katanas which were made during this period. Incorporating this fashion into the SAN Knives gives another artistic feature to make the knives even more beautiful.
The Japanese symbol SAN means brilliant and radiant in English, thus the knives will shine proudly in your kitchen creating historic and artistic ambience.
The carving set comes with a special fork and knife with long blades specially for carving cooked meat for serving.
Tamahagane guarantees the strength of the blade, as well as long preservation of the initial sharpening. The handle of a well-designed ergonomic shape is made of mikarta, a modern polymeric material whose pattern resembles wood. The knife is not just functional, it attracts the eye with its well-designed form, strength, harmony of the blade and handle.
- Manufactured by Kataoka and Company in Niigata, Japan.
- The knife from the Tamahagane SNM series is 3 layers of steel: the middle of the blade is made of hard, but fragile VG5 steel, which is supplemented with 2 layers of mild steel, making the blade very strong, hard, but at the same time retains its flexibility and does not lend itself to distortion and kinks. The knife is fully balanced and very easy to use in any kitchen.
- After the rolling processes, the marerial of VG5 becomes harder and harder to be 61 degrees Rockwell Hardness in the final thickness of 0.65 mm. Meanwhile, the two outside layers of SUS410 will remain at 28 to 32 degrees to strengthen the blade and protect against damage and corrosion.
- Sharpness is is the outstanding feature of the knife. The blade is sharper and remains sharpness longer than normal knives.
- Strongly compressed Laminated-Linen. Nicely shaped handle will fit hands very comfortable and the handle weighted makes the knife well balanced for use. Hand wash is recommended.
- Re-sharpening: Easy grinding because of very thin VG5 with softer SUS410 on both sides, The sharpening angle is 14-15 degrees.
Professional delivery is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery for you.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.